Timor-Leste can be congratulated for how well it has responded to the current world pandemic so far and the Maluk Timor has had a huge hand in this.
For those of you who visit our Facebook page you will have noticed a lot of health promotion and messages in Tetun being published.
We are effectively partner with the MoH in managing the pandemic by dispelling rumours and promoting the correct guidelines to stay safe.
Utilising funding received from DFAT, Maluk Timor assembled a Communications Team that is developing and disseminated COVID-19 related messaging in Tetun including:
- Infographics that tell a clear story
- Translating WHO messaging into simple Tetun for use on social media
- Community awareness videos, including a video competition, for social media promoting Infection Protection and Control and community health
- Conducting interviews with celebrities about COVID-19 and how to respond
- COVID-19 education videos for people in quarantine
- Q&A’s on Facebook
- Weekly radio interviews
- designing and publishing posters and printed materials
Maluk Timor’s Facebook page became one of the preferred sites to which Timorese people were being directed for accurate up-to-date information on COVID-19. Over 50,000 viewers were regularly reached via Facebook.
Here are the winners of our COVID-19 video competition! Congratulations to them and to everyone who entered, you made so many fantastic videos and made a great contribution to keep Timor-Leste safe during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Thank you Hugo Fernandes (CEO of Chega! National Center) and Salvador de Jesus ( Cinematographer, filmmaker, writer and actor) for willing to be our judges for this competition.
Also, twenty volunteer doctors were trained to propagate health messages in district health centres and communities.
What a success for the team and great platform to build on for the future!