Please consider becoming a supporter of Maluk Timor with a recurring donation.
Rheumatic Heart Disease
$240 (or $20 per month) can screen 30 school children where at least one child is likely to return a positive test allowing life-saving treatment.
$120 (or $10 per month) can screen 250 children which will usually identify around 45 children with moderate or sever malnutrition who can then be offered support and family education.
$50 will train two local doctors in HIV early detection.
$180 (or $15 per month) will allow 6 households to be screened by a local health worker with each new case treated to stop the disease spreading.
Nurse & Midwife Training
$600 (or $50 per month) will buy 5 pulse oximeters (and batteries) and train 5 local midwives who can work to identify patients with problems and undertake potentially life-saving steps.
Click here to make a general gift of your choice.
Donations over $2 are tax deductible in Australia
via Visa or Mastercard
Our longstanding commitment and the deep expertise of our local staff has established us as a trusted partner in the region with a proven track record of effecting change.
We bring together individuals and institutions to address the severe health issues facing Timor Leste today.
- One of the highest rates of women dying from pregnancy and childbirth in Asia.
- More than 40 per cent of children are underweight for their age especially those living in rural areas.
- Limited access to clean water and basic sanitation contributes to the spread of infectious diseases such as diarrhoea, which can be fatal.
- Malaria can very quickly become endemic in the districts with the highest morbidity and mortality rates reported in children. Currently the disease is laying low due to the drought.
- Tuberculosis (TB) is a major public health problem with an estimated 8,000 active TB cases nationally.
- Infectious disease, low utilisation of skilled assistance for antenatal and poor reproductive health are the most common causes of infant mortality.
- Sexually transmitted infections (STI) are common in sexually active age groups, mostly in Dili and Baucau districts.
- Life expectancy is low at around 68 years.
- HIV management
Bank Account Details for Direct Donation(tax deductable in Australia)
ANZ Martin Place
BSB: 012 055
Account Number: 493155093